This is our second week bringing you Ken Jennings’ Weekly Trivia. Last week, we though Kate M. nailed question 7 when she answered that Captain Ahab, Bilbo Baggins, Mother Courage, Huck Finn, Ethan Frome, Sherlock Holmes, Lord Jim, Philip Marlowe, Silas Marner, Napoleon the pig were all characters in banned books. Turns out that was not correct- all of these characters were pipe smokers. My answer, that they were all drinkers, was not far off the mark. Below are this week’s questions. Sign up by emailing email@example.com.
1. What can be made Montreal-style (with egg and poached in honey-water) or New York-style (preferably using Brookyln water, supposedly superior)?
2. Last fall, Reggie Bush became the first person in history to voluntarily return what?
3. To streamline meetings at his local church, what American general published an influential 1876 book on parliamentary procedure?
4. What 2011 film features a doubles match against two tennis players portrayed, in cameos, by former SNL cast members Melanie Hutsell and Nancy Carell?
5. What name is shared, coincidentally, by Canada’s equivalent of the Grammy Awards, and by the beach that Canadian forces took on D-Day?
6. Green Lantern’s power ring has historically been vulnerable to objects of what color?
7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these nations and no others? Albania, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Zambia, and probably Zimbabwe.