After a short hiatus, we are back, bringing you questions from former Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings’ email list. To play, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As for posting the answers below- questions 1 through 6 are pretty easy to Google, but if you know the answer to the weekly stumper, question 7, give everyone else a clue in the comment section below!
1. What musical choice was offered by Doris Day in 1954 and again by ABBA in the first line of their hit “I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do”?
2. What did French politician Andre Maginot and shortstop Mario Mendoza both have named for them?
3. Multiple examples of which of the so-called “six simple machines” can be combined to form a block and tackle?
4. Jesus’s Twelve Apostles included two pairs of brothers. Name one brother from each pair.
5. Donna Karan has been called “the Queen of” which New York thoroughfare, also known as “Fashion Avenue”?
6. Who’s the only person to have appeared on the face of U.S. paper money who was never eligible to run for president?
7. What unusual distinction is shared by these TV series? Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, Freaks and Geeks, Laugh-In, The Simpsons, Soap, Solid Gold, The Twilight Zone.