Every Tuesday we bring you questions from former Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings’ email list. To play, email him at email@example.com.
As for posting the answers below- questions 1 through 6 are pretty easy to Google, but if you know the answer to the weekly stumper, question 7, give it your best shot!
Congratulations to Alex Marton, who solved last week’s question 7- identifying that a bunch of random people were all married to TV talk show hosts.
1. Which sea of the Pacific Ocean is home, appropriately enough, to the Great Barrier Reef?
2. The only two Vietnam films on the AFI list of the 100 greatest movies are both narrated by actors with what last name?
3. In computer science, what does the letter ‘C’ stand for in both ASCII and BASIC?
4. What TV channel has hired Saturday Night Live’s Andy Samberg as its “Chief Shark Officer” for 2011?
5. What kind of seed is missing from “unseeded” rye breads?
6. How many consultations could you afford with Lucy Van Pelt (“Psychiatric help, the doctor is in”) for the cost of just one with Encyclopedia Brown (“No case too small”)?
7. What unusual distinction is shared by these famous people? Charlie Chaplin, Dom DiMaggio, Marcel Dionne, Stephen Douglas, Hadrian, Fiorello LaGuardia, Bruce Lee, Annie Oakley, Edith Piaf, Martin Van Buren.