Folks should definitely sign up for Ken Jennings’ weekly trivia. The 74-time Jeopardy! winner and author of Brainiac has a listserv that gets a list of seven questions every Tuesday. Six are easy to google, so the honor code system is in play, but question seven is meant to be a stumper. Below I’ve pasted this week’s edition. To play, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What animal is the only pinniped with tusks?
2. Who was the mother of Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton?
3. What TV series was adapted from a book subtitled, “A Town, a Team, and a Dream”?
4. What can be found to the left and right of the singer of the song “Stuck in the Middle with You”?
5. What first name is shared by both the namesake founders of Carnegie Mellon University?
6. What was officially called the “Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart” by its 1961 builders?
7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these literary characters? Captain Ahab, Bilbo Baggins, Mother Courage, Huck Finn, Ethan Frome, Sherlock Holmes, Lord Jim, Philip Marlowe, Silas Marner, and Napoleon the pig?