Rikers Island Project: On Sundays during the fall and winter, a group of law students and young professionals head to Rikers Island to work with incarcerated juveniles. The content of the workshops varies week to week, but the goal is to engage a population that receives little intellectual stimulation or entertainment. Discussion topics include current events, legal rights and career goals, culminating in an awesome mock trial. This program began in the fall of 2009, and has always been very rewarding for its participants. If you are based in New York City, and have multiple Sunday mornings (you are finished by 2pm) that you can commit to this fall, or if you would just like more information, please contact LTDdotorg@gmail.com. Being a lawyer is absolutely not necessary, though the project was begun by law students.
Come one, come all
- 132,288 hits
- Free Class On The History of Rock? Yes, please.
- Puncutated Equilibrium: 9,400 Miles Later, How I Ended Up In Seattle
- Days 29-30: Riverside and Vista (California)
- Give Us Back Our Oranges by Nate Senge
- Day 34 Update From Cedar City, Utah
- Opening Tracks and Radio Songs: Championship Round!
- Opening Tracks and Radio Songs: The Elite 8
- Opening Tracks and Radio Songs: The Sweet Sixteen Continues!
Search the Dream